Wednesday 17 June 2009

Hello! It's me again!

Well, after what seems like an age, I'm back!

The exams finished last week, and so yesterday, at the first possible opportunity, I visited my darling hounds.

During the weeks I'd been away many of my favourites have been rehomed, but Shawn is still waiting to be rehomed. The fabulous news is that he has been reserved (not before time).

When I arrived at the kennels he was in the yard with another of the volunteer walkers, and as I walked across to them I wondered whether he'd remember me.

He's not the most demonstrative of dogs so I was delighted that as I sat down, he walked across and buried his head in my lap.

"Oh, he likes you!" the walker said.

"Where have you been? I've missed you," said Shawn. I was thrilled, and sat there cuddling him until it was time for him to go back to his kennel.

No comments: