Monday 20 April 2009

Ava at home

I've heard news of my lovely big white-and-blue lass Ava.

The folks that she's on trial with contacted me through this blog and the wonderful news is that she's settling in well. They've already got one retired hound - a black boy called Mick.

Now as I've mentioned before the black dogs hang around longer in kennels than their more striking counterparts. However, here's what Mick's owners say about him:

"We re-homed Mick from Hersham and though he was a bit tatty when we first got him, he's scrubbed up very well indeed! Through a good diet, lots of grooming and a soft bed (well, usually the sofa!), the quality of his coat has improved no end. People now regularly comment on what a striking dog he is and '...Oh, isn't his glossy black coat beautiful!?!'"

So, for those of you who are tempted to go for a "prettier" coat colour than black . Don't!

Back to Ava. The little tinker is up to mischief as usual and, amongst other things, has been chewing homework... great excuse that.

And - I have a picture. Here are Ava and Mick together:


1 comment:

Unknown said...

MY NAME IS LESLEY. I HAVE A RETIRED GREYHOUND CALLED ANNIE (RACING NAME ANNALEE GIRL). SHE IS JET BLACK APART FROM A WHITE CHEST AND 4 SMALL BITS OF WHITE ON EACH FOOT. WHEN I FIRST GOT HER SHE WAS ALSO A BIT TATTY,BUT NOW 2YEARS ON SHE IS ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS. HER COAT SHINES AND SHE IS JUST SO PRETTY. EVERYONE COMMENTS ON HER.

I WOULD ALWAYS GO FOR A BLACK ONE THEY ARE WONDERFUL. THERE IS NO OTHER BREED ON EARTH THAT I WOULD CHOOSE NOW.