Friday 3 April 2009

Hop-along gal

I'm thinking of that cheeky chimp Missy today.

She had a dreadful limp last week, and could barely walk on one of her front legs. She seemed to have difficulty lifting one of her paws off the ground, and had to drop her shoulder really low to get her toes up and through the air.

Poor girl. She was a lot better this week - and I had to look very carefully to work out which leg was slightly lame - but she's had the limp in one form or another for a while, so the guys at the kennels have decided that it's time Missy saw the vet again.

I do hope all goes well. Missy is a very lively girl - in fact I was quite worried this week when I arrived at the kennels and she didn't have nose and front paws PRESSED to the kennel window BEGGING for a walk - however, I think she was just having a little rest after breakfast. Five minutes later there she was, grinning at me.

I am really hoping that the vet finds there's not a lot wrong with her, and half suspect that she just keeps on re-pulling a muscle with all her jumping. I'll keep you updated.

No comments: