Friday 20 March 2009

Shawn maligned!

I have to hang my head in shame, I've maligned Shawn. Poor boy, I accused him of blotting his copy-book and having a contretemps with Kenny.

I take it back! I walked Shawn and his white-and-brindle girlfriend Missy today, and when I came back Kenny, and partner Lass were in the paddock. I braced myself, and put both Shawn and Missy on a very short lead.

I walked the two dogs quickly past the paddock - at this point Kenny was barking his head off and leaning against the fence - to reciprocal barking and growling from... Missy. The little tinker!

I was quite surprised because if there's any arguing to be done - and to be honest, there's not an awful lot that goes on - it's usually between the male dogs (3 or 4 usual suspects). And Shawn will growl occassionally, although again, he usually growls while leaning heavily against my legs. In the previous incident one of the dogs had leapt at Kenny - and I just assumed it was Shawn. I feel SO guilty.

Anyhow, I took both Missy and Shawn a distance away from the paddock and gave them a good fuss. Every so often Missy would turn around and bark at Kenny. Kenny returned the favour.

Meanwhile Shawn cuddled in close and looked deeply into my eyes. "See I told you it wasn't me".

No comments: