Wednesday 25 March 2009

Guess who's back?

Just a quick one today as I'm about to go and walk the hounds. Guess who I'm going to see? Yes, Nicky's back. I am contemplating calling him boomerang dog.

I actually saw him next week and he was looking happy and relaxed. He's currently kenneled with Emma (another boomerang dog) - and it's a really nice pairing.

I had a wonderful greeting from both (well if you count being whipped by tails wagging a wonderful greeting that is), and Emma made "take me home" eyes all the time she was out.

They also decided it was a good idea to glue themselves to my legs when it was time to go back to the kennels - very amusing!

I haven't got to the bottom of why Nicky has come back - maybe I'll find out more today - but Emma was returned because of a change in her owner's circumstances.

And, I think this is another brilliant thing about our local retired greyhound rehoming kennels - they'll always take a dog back, and this means the dog will ALWAYS have a safe and happy home.

No comments: