Monday 2 March 2009

Counting hounds

You know what it's like. You wake up in the middle of the night and your mind starts ticking over.

Soon enough you're wide awake and worrying about the STRANGEST things. Did I shut the fridge door properly? Or are the cats, at this very moment, feasting on the remainder of today's roast chicken?

I wonder how I can solve the international financial crisis? Will the tubes be running properly tomorrow morning?

You know the sort of thing...

Anyhow, I have an excellent solution, which gets me back to sleep in no time at all. It's called "Counting hounds". The idea is you go through the alphabet and think of a dog that you've walked for each letter.

A is for Ava, B is for Becky, C is for Chas. You get the idea. You rarely get further than G for Georgia. And I defy you to get past M for Mikey.

Zzzzzzzzzz.......

No comments: