Wednesday 28 January 2009

The "I must behave" trot

I first saw it with Mikey, and now I am convinced that there is an "I must behave" trot.

Mikey did it on his first walk with his new owner and her Jack Russell. It's quite difficult to describe, but if you've seen it you'll know what I mean. It's as if the greyhound is concentrating with every fibre in their body, and they walk with a very purposeful bouncy stride, worried about putting a foot wrong.

I thought it might just be Mikey, but now I've seen blonde-bombshell Kelly do it. Normally she's as daft as a brush.

Last week I took her on her regular walk - with boyfriend Shawn - and true to form she was just as silly as ever.

After the walk a couple with two other dogs wanted to walk Kelly. They were considering rehoming a greyhound, and lo- and behold, as they took Kelly out, she started doing the "I must behave" trot, and was most unlike the Kelly I know!

I've not been down to the kennels this week, but checking on their website, I've spotted that she's been reserved... I can't wait to find out who's reserved her. The "I must behave" trot may have just done the trick.

No comments: