Friday 6 March 2009

Nicky news

I've heard news of Nicky - and apparently he was nervous at first, but settling in well. I am so pleased for my sweet little darling, and I really hope that things continue to go well for him, and we will have another happy doggy ending.

I thought this would be a good chance to have a review of all the dogs that I've walked that have been rehomed since I started this blog (nearly 6 months ago). These aren't all the dogs in the kennels (I reckon I write about around 1 in 6 of them). Forgive the self-indulgence.

So, from the most recently rehomed we have:
  • Nicky (fingers crossed! fingers crossed!) a sweet little black dog and my special boy
  • Crafty old black girl Angie, who had been in kennels for a number of month
  • Ditzy blonde bombshell Kelly
  • Beautiful intelligent black girl Topsy
  • Kennel clown with a jumbo appetite Josh
  • Scardey-cat Joe
  • Lovely, but growly, white and brown Chas
  • Darling, beautiful, black-and-white Pretty
  • Another white and brindle growler Mark
  • Jay who likes to chase ANYTHING
  • Poppy who pulls like a train
  • Mischeivous black boy Mikey
  • And Pete (just recently) of the bald thigh syndrome
  • Finally, Sal, who likes to chase things too
So that's 14 dogs rehomed since October. Bearing in mind that I probably don't meet 4/5 of the dogs at the kennels, that's a heck of a lot of dogs that are in new homes thanks to greyhound rehoming (If I only meet 4/5ths, I estimate around about 50-70 will have been rehomed from the kennels in total over that period).

That's a lot of happy waggy tails! Bless them all - such loving dogs, who expect so little, but give so much.

No comments: