Wednesday 26 November 2008

Parting is such sweet sorrow

My darling boy Nicky is being rehomed. It's brilliant news, but also a little sad.

Our last walk - well unless anything goes 'wrong' and I really hope it doesn't - was today. Tomorrow Nicky will be going to his new home. He has another small dog for company, ideal as he is still quite young and can be nervous at times. I was overjoyed at the rehoming kennels, but now I'm feeling maudlin.

My husband and I did discuss taking Nicky home with us, but for various reasons - not least because I thought he would be better off with another dog - we decided not to take him.

As the months went by I thought that perhaps no-one would take Nicky on board - he's a black boy and they always seem to be last in the rehoming queue - and that perhaps we'd have many more months of walks together.

Anyhow, a home is the best place for him. So, with Pretty rehomed recently too, I have a couple of favourite dog vacancies.

There are plenty of contenders and I'll have hours of fun meeting lots of new dogs, learning all about their unique personalities, and their funny habits.

No comments: