Wednesday 24 December 2008

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

There was a very festive feel at the kennels today - chocolates galore for the kennel-hands and volunteers, and lots of treats for the dogs.

Many of the dogs were in impish moods, with kennel-clown Josh giving me a slobbery dog-kiss (URRRGH) on the nose when I was least expecting it. I wouldn't have minded, but I hadn't even been walking him. He's such a cheeky so-and-so these days.

Little Topsy was as sweet as ever, and demanded several hugs as we went round the usual circuit through the paddocks. Then at the end of the walk she decided she needed a big cuddle before she went back to her kennel.

I'm sure I looked a little odd, sat down, with Topsy's front paws on my lap and her chin resting on my head.

I am now going to take a few days off, and will probably not post again until the New Year.

No such luck for the kennel hands and helpers at the rehoming kennels - there's still dogs to be fed and walks to be had - so they'll be in as normal on Christmas day and Boxing day. I'm sure lots of volunteers will visit as well. I really hope one and all will have a very Merry Christmas.

No comments: